- The goldenhelix.com website is provided as a customer service by the Golden Helix® bioinformatics company
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Your use of this system is subject to monitoring at all times. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Your privacy is important to Golden Helix. Because we gather certain types of information about visitors to Golden Helix’ site, we want you to fully understand our online information gathering practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
A cookie is a small data file that websites are able to send to your browser, which are then stored on your hard drive, usually in the C://Documents and Settings/Your computer name/COOKIES folder. You can set your browser to accept (usually the default setup) or block cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie, so you can accept or reject it. You do not need to have the cookie function turned on to visit the Golden Helix site. A cookie provides tailored information to a web site, such as your user ID or browsing habits, so the website can tailor the information it sends you. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you provide to the website. A cookie can’t read information off your hard disk or contained in files such as cookies from other websites.
What Site Visitor Information Does GoldenHelix.com Collect?
The information we learn from visitors helps us continually improve our information offering and the ease of use of our site. The types of information we gather are:
Information You Give Us: Information you enter on our Web site is received and securely stored by us. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to download or upgrade our software. The information you provide us is used to help us respond to information requests, help in downloading, improving our scientific information offering, and customer support follow-up.
Automatic Information: Like many websites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when you interact with us in response to an email offering by clicking on a hyperlink in the email. If you are just browsing our site from your web browser, we do not use any cookies. To keep the playing field level, we want you to know that there are internet tools that are designed to let you visit websites incognito, such as www.anonymizer.com, www.IDzap.com, www.somebody.net, and www.zeroknowledge.com. We do not advise against or recommend any of these tools; we only offer them for your education.
E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we sometimes receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Golden Helix. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please notify us. You also may "opt-out" of having your information used for purposes not directly related to our site at the point where we ask for the information. We provide an “opt out” option if you do not wish to receive unsolicited email marketing materials from us.
Golden Helix’s Use of Personal Information
Golden Helix will only use your personal information to register, license and electronically deliver software; respond to information requests; or to notify you about important product updates, technical support items, and special offers that should be of interest to you.
How We Share It
We do not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others. Golden Helix reserves the right to disclose any pertinent customer information to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
Acceptance of Terms
You signify your assent to this Privacy Statement and any future changes to the Privacy Statement by using the Golden Helix website.
- This is a commercial website for authorized, unclassified use only. It is not designed nor authorized to transfer, process, or transmit classified/sensitive national security information.
- Information presented on goldenhelix.com is provided as a customer service and may not be distributed or copied unless appropriate byline, photo or image credits are given.
- The goldenhelix.com administrative personnel do not have any authority, responsibility or ability to maintain servers outside the goldenhelix.com domain. Any links provided on our website are for information purposes only and should not be construed as an endorsement or agreement by or with Golden Helix, Inc. As with all internet sites, if you decide to visit any third-party sites linked to goldenhelix.com, you do so at your own risk.
- Parts of the website may be restricted to Golden Helix, Inc. personnel only. You may use any link that is not locked to you. If the area is locked, you will receive an "access denied" error when attempting to follow the link.
Golden Helix welcomes your suggestions that we may use to make our website easier to use or make the contents more relevant to our customers. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented, please contact us.