How do I get VarSeq?
- VarSeq can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.goldenhelix.com/products/VarSeq/downloads.html
- Click on the link for the operating system VarSeq will be installed on.
How do I install VarSeq?
- Windows: Double click on the EXE and follow the prompts for the install dialog screen.
- Mac OS X: Double click on the DMG package and drag the VarSeq application into the Applications folder.
- Linux: Extract the TAR.GZ file to a directory of your choosing using the following command: tar –zxvf VarSeq-Lin64-1.4.0.tar.gz To launch VarSeq, change to the VarSeq directory and run ./VarSeq.
- RHEL/CentOS Linux: Extract the TAR.GZ file to a directory of your choosing using the following command: tar –zxvf VarSeq-RHEL-1.4.0.tar.gz To launch VarSeq, change to the VarSeq directory and run ./VarSeq.
How do I register to create a log in account?
- From the VarSeq welcome page, click on the Register tab and fill in the required information, read and accept the license agreement (EULA) and click Register & Log In
- You will need to verify your email address. Check your email inbox at the address used for the log in. Click on the link in the email.
- If you do not receive the email you will have a chance to have it resent when you activate a license key.
How do I activate a VarSeq license?
- Once you are logged in, if you have not already activated a license key, or if you have reached the limit of activations available, you will be in VarSeq viewer mode.
- To activate a license key, click on Activate License Key in the lower right hand corner of the welcome page, or go to Help > Activate a VarSeq License Key. Enter in the provided license key and click Verify.
- At this time, if the email address has not been verified, a link will appear to resend the verification email.
- If there are any available activations, click Activate.
- If you are not able to activate a license key, please contact email@example.com.
How do I find the license expiration date?
- The license expiration date can be found in the lower right-hand corner of the VarSeq welcome page.
- You can also find the expiration date as well as all licensed features by going to Help > About VarSeq.
How do I get started with an example project?
- Example projects should be listed on the VarSeq welcome page under the Open Existing Project link for new installs. Click on a project to open it.
- A list of example projects can also be found by going to File > Open Example Projects.
How do I get more information?
- Check out the next guide in the Getting Started series “Creating a New Project”
- Check out the VarSeq manual Help> VarSeq Manual or https://www.goldenhelix.com/learning/article-categories/varseq_manual/
- Try a VarSeq tutorial and walk through a project workflow https://www.goldenhelix.com/learning/article-categories/varseq-tutorials/